Safety expert Tim Marsh offers CEOs five tips for building a culture that supports safety.
Watch the video and discuss with your teams.
In this short and highly-entertaining presentation, Tim offers leaders five tips and ideas that can help them build a workplace culture that supports good health and safety. These are:
- Leaders get the safety performance they deserve.
- What leaders say is powerful, so they need to be strategic in what they focus on.
- Praise and questions are 20 times more powerful for changing behaviour than criticism
- It’s impossible to eliminate all mistakes, so leaders should focus on reducing the consequences of mistakes.
- The best question leaders can ask workers about safety is: ‘Is there anything slow, inconvenient, or uncomfortable about doing this job safely?’ That’s because the answer will tell you where corners are being cut to get the job done.